DPS Reports 10/19/10

Oct. 15

At 12:11 p.m., an employee reported that unknown person(s) broke a toilet paper dispenser in the men’s room on the second floor of Memorial Library, causing an estimated $169 in damage.  Facilities Services was contacted and the dispenser replaced.

At 1:45 p.m., an employee reported that unknown person(s) attempted to forcibly remove a project from an unoccupied room in the Alumni Memorial Union, causing an estimated $300 in damage.  The project still works and will be repaired.

At 10:19 p.m., an underage male student was in possession of marijuana, alcohol, drug paraphernalia and folding knives in Schroeder Hall and was taken into custody by South Milwaukee Police.  He was cited and released.

Oct. 16

At 2:57 a.m., a student was seen carrying a construction barrel down the 1800 block of West Kilbourn Avenue and was asked by the Department of Public Safety to put it back.  The student complied, but then another student ran between DPS and the student carrying the construction barrel, and began to act in a disorderly manner.  The student repeatedly asked “Can I help you?”  The student was referred to student conduct.

At 4:53 a.m., an unidentified person put graffiti on the exterior of the Physician Assistant Building. The graffiti creator painted a series of black squiggly lines. Facilities Services was contacted.