DPS Reports 9/20

Sept. 17

At 2:35 a.m., a person not affiliated with Marquette was seen staring down several students near the Jesuit Residence and then continued to follow them until a Department of Public Safety officer stopped him on the 1400 block of West Wisconsin Ave.  The 36-year-old male informed the officer that he was trying to meet female students. The Milwaukee Police Department was contacted and transported the subject to the Milwaukee County Mental Health Complex.

At 4:50 p.m., a person not affiliated with Marquette reported while driving his vehicle in the 1900 block of West Kilbourn Avenue, his vehicle was struck by a water balloon thrown by a student.  The man said he thought it sounded like “a gunshot” before he realized it was a balloon.  A witness said he heard an individual standing on a nearby porch yell “Yeah (expletive)! I got ya!”  A verbal dispute broke out between the student on the porch and the driver.  However, a female witness said the balloon came from a different building.  MPD was contacted.

At 6:45 p.m., a student-employee observed a student removing property from a vending machine in McCormick Hall.  The property was recovered.

Sept. 18

At 10:53 a.m., a person not affiliated with Marquette battered another person not affiliated with Marquette in the 1600 block of West Wisconsin Avenue.  DPS detained the suspect and he was taken into custody by MPD.