DPS REPORTS 9/15 MG1 WPO2 DAC3

Sept. 13

At 12:01 p.m.  a student reported that unknown person(s) vandalized the exterior of his secured, unattended vehicle in Campus Town Lot 1 sometime between Sept. 6 and Sept. 9 causing an estimated $500 in damage.  The Milwaukee Police Department was contacted.

At 11 p.m.  the Department of Public Safety received a report that a strong smell was coming from a student’s room on the ninth floor of McCormick Hall.  When the officer asked the student if he knew why the officer was there, the student responded “yes” and pulled out a bag containing a green leafy substance.  The student was cooperative and was taken into MPD custody then later released with citations for use of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Sept. 14

At 11:39 p.m. DPS observed two students acting in a suspicious manner in the 800 block of North 15th Street.  When approached, one student admitted that they had been smoking marijuana and pulled a small bag containing the substance out of his sock.  The officer then searched where they had been smoking and found an apple that had a hole in it and contained burnt remains of marijuana.  MPD was contacted and took one of the students into custody, who was later released with a citation for possession of a controlled substance.