DPS Reports 9/2

Aug. 28

At 1:10 a.m., a student trying to swipe into Schroeder Hall accidentally handed a Department of Public Safety officer a false identification card instead of his MUID.  The student claimed he never used it to purchase alcohol and insisted that he only uses it to “enter bars to socialize with friends.”  The card was destroyed.

At 2:18 a.m., four students admitted using a controlled substance in McCormick Hall and one of the students was taken into custody by Milwaukee Police Department for possession of drug paraphernalia after admitting a warm metal glass pipe was his.  The 18-year-old male student received a municipal citation and was released.

Aug. 29

At 2:53 a.m., a person not affiliated with Marquette acted in a disorderly manner, verbally threatening and physically assaulting a DPS officer in Campus Town Lot 2.  DPS detained the suspect and he was taken into custody by MPD.

At 10:25 p.m., DPS was assisting at O’Donnell Hall when they were notified a student was drinking vodka on the 2nd floor.  The student admitted that he was drinking out of a 1.75-liter bottle.  Officers also found the student was in possession of drug paraphernalia, which the student admitted to, but claimed he had not used the substance while at Marquette.  MPD was contacted.

Aug. 30

At 11:20 p.m., a 25-year-old male not affiliated with Marquette acted in a disorderly manner toward students and was aggressive toward DPS officers in the 1600 block of W. Wells Street.  DPS detained the suspect after he repeatedly tried to slap the officers and he was taken into custody by MPD.

Aug. 31

At 11:10 a.m., a fire alarm sounded at Abbottsford Hall.  The Milwaukee Fire Department was contacted and the building was evacuated.  Upon investigation, it was determined that a student burnt a single serving of Macaroni and Cheese in the microwave, triggering the alarm.  The alarm was reset and the building reopened.