DPS Reports 4/29

April 26

At  9:45 p.m., a student was found in possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia in Carpenter Tower. Hall staff notified the Department of Public Safety after they detected the scent of marijuana on the fifth floor. The student admitted to smoking when asked by officers if he was using marijuana in his room. Officers also found a baggie of a green leafy substance and a grinder. The Milwaukee Police Department was then contacted. Upon further search of the room, an electric scale was found. The student admitted he used it to weigh marijuana. MPD took the student into custody for possession of marijuana with intent to distribute.

April 27

At 6:16 a.m., DPS officers were dispatched to the 2200 block of West Michigan Avenue to respond to a theft from motor vehicle report. Unknown persons gained entry to the vehicle by smashing the passenger window. A campfire grill valued at $30 was taken from the vehicle. The damage to the vehicle is estimated at $200. MPD assistance was declined.

At 10:18 p.m., a student reported that a person not affiliated with Marquette was trespassing in a residence in the 1300 block of West Kilbourn Avenue. When officers entered the victim’s apartment, they discovered the unknown male subject in the victim’s bedroom, sleeping on the floor. The individual appeared to be highly intoxicated and unaware of where he was. The subject then told officers that his nephew occupied the apartment. There were no signs of forced entry. The subject was taken into MPD custody.