MUSG legislative clerk appointed

• At last Thursday’s Marquette Student Government meeting, senators appointed Lauren Davey as the new legislative clerk. Davey, a sophomore in the College of Business Administration, will begin her term in the fall of 2010.

Senator Holly Peterson, a senior in the College of Business Administration, spoke in favor of Davey during the meeting.

“From her resume, she is very organized and passionate. She realizes that she would not hold a very powerful position, but still wants to get involved in MUSG.”

• Stacey Barnum, a sophomore in the College of Business Administration, reclaimed her position as parliamentarian.

“As we all can see, Stacey has the experience needed for the job and will continue to do great as our parliamentarian,” said Senator Daniel O’Brien, a sophomore in the College of Arts & Sciences.

• Elizabeth Judy, a senior in the College of Arts & Sciences, announced that an academic survey will be sent to students next week. The survey will ask students about various topics, including course evaluations, D2L and library hours.
  • President Megan Ladwig said the MUSG executive board met with the Department of Public Safety on April 16 about student safety near the intersections of 16th Street and Kilbourn Avenue and 17th Street and Kilbourn Avenue.
  • A vote is expected this week on the MUSG 2010-’11 budget. Financial Vice President Michael Thiel, a junior in the College of Business Administration, reminded senators that any questions or concerns about the budget should be addressed to him before the vote this Thursday.