DPS Reports 4/15

April 12

At 2:56 p.m., the Department of Public Safety reported that a person not affiliated with the university trespassed in Campus Town Lot 1. Officers were dispatched after several witnesses noticed a man approaching several women and aggressively asking them for money. Earlier, officers had noticed the subject near a woman taking money out of an ATM, but she told DPS there was no problem. The Milwaukee Police Department took the subject into custody after repeated warnings to stay off university property. He was issued citations for criminal trespassing and panhandling. The subject is described as a 51-year-old male who goes by the alias “Brother Dave.”

April 13

At 7:49 p.m., DPS officers were dispatched to the Alumni Memorial Union after a student-employee reported that an unknown person removed her unsecured, unattended property from the Marquette Place dish room. The student placed her book bag underneath her coat on a hook, but it was missing when she returned. The bag contained an MUID card, two baseball tickets, a Marquette gift card and a binder containing homework from two classes. The estimated loss is valued at $145. MPD assistance was declined.

At 8:52 p.m., DPS officers reported a student was in possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia in O’Donnell Hall. Hall staff advised officers that a suspicious odor was emanating from a third floor room. Officers detected the strong sent of burnt marijuana upon entry to the room. They found a clear plastic baggie containing marijuana inside the room and a black vaporizer smoking piece outside the room’s window. The student said he did not know why his room smelled of marijuana and that he did not smoke inside the room. MPD was contacted and the student confessed to smoking. The student was taken into custody.