Campaigning begins for MUSG

DECK: President, executive VP candidates announce intent

Campaigning began this week for Marquette Student Government president, executive vice president and academic senator positions.

The president and executive vice president election pits Emil Ovbiagele and Raviinder Gill, both sophomores in the College of Arts & Sciences, against junior Meghan Ladwig and sophomore Joseph Ciccone, both students in the College of Arts & Sciences.

Since only two pairs of candidates are running, there will be no primary election this year. The winners will be determined in the final election on March 25.

Of Marquette’s seven undergraduate colleges, only the College of Arts & Sciences has a contested election for academic senator. Six candidates are seeking to fill the four available positions: freshmen Drew Halunen, Joseph Mahoney and Stephanie Marecki and sophomores John Heflin, Daniel O’Brien and Kripa Shanker.

Write-in candidates will be accepted in the president and executive vice president election, but not for academic senators, according to Lauren Lakomek, MUSG’s communication vice president and a senior in the College of Communication.

Students can vote online at http://musg.mu.edu/vote from 12:01 a.m. to 10 p.m. on election day.

For platforms from the president and executive vice president candidates, see next Tuesday’s Closer Look section of the Tribune.