DPS Reports 2/23

Feb. 19

At 12:55 p.m., Department of Public Safety officers responded to a known suspect acting in a disruptive manner in Parking Lot T. A Campus Ministry volunteer who reported the suspect said the man had been disruptive during a Campus Ministry free lunch program in the past and was warned to stay off university property. When the volunteer approached the suspect, he again became disruptive. The suspect fled the scene when DPS responded.

At 7:17 p.m., DPS responded to reports of a battery in the 600 block of North 19th Street. A male student and his friend told officers that a vehicle stopped them, and three people inside claimed an object was thrown at their car by the victims. Two of the suspects got out of the vehicle and started chasing the victims. The suspects caught up with the victims and punched them in the face. The victims gave DPS a license plate number and make and model of the car. The Milwaukee Police Department is investigating the incident.

Feb. 20

At 1:32 a.m., DPS was sent to McCormick Hall to speak with a student who was in possession of an ID card that did not belong to him. The student admitted to using the ID card to obtain alcohol. It was the second time in a week that DPS spoke to the student about using someone else’s ID. The ID was identified as belonging to another Marquette student and confiscated. MPD was not contacted.

At 9:25 a.m., an employee reported that an unknown person vandalized a restroom in Schroeder Hall. Damages include three light switch covers torn off the wall, torn window screens and a stall door taken off its hinges and propped up against the wall. The estimated cost of damage is unknown.