DPS Reports 2/16

Feb. 12

At 2:36 p.m., Department of Public Safety officers reported that an employee of Bob’s Barbershop in Straz Tower had her purse stolen from a back office in the business. The employee said she left the shop unattended for 10 minutes and when she went to look for her purse later in the day, she discovered it was missing. The victim’s credit cards were used without her consent at several off-campus locations. Some of her property was later recovered at the Milwaukee Public Library. The credit cards were canceled. The estimated loss is unknown.

Feb. 14

At 2:13 a.m., Schroeder Hall staff reported that an unknown person damaged a wall on the west wing of the 4th floor, making a hole of about one foot by one-half foot. DPS is currently reviewing surveillance camera footage. Facilities Services was contacted. Damage is estimated at $200.

At 10:28 p.m., DPS officers were dispatched to Schroeder Hall after hall staff reported a male student smoking what appeared to be marijuana outside the west entrance. The individual walked back into Schroeder Hall when the officers approached. After walking through the cloud of smoke outside of the residence hall, officers detected the strong scent of marijuana. When asked if he was smoking marijuana, the student claimed he was smoking a cigarette. When asked why he smelled so strongly of marijuana, he stated that he had a problem with smoking marijuana, and he had smoked heavily at home the previous weekend, leaving the scent lingering on his clothes. Officers discovered a marijuana roach that was still smoldering where the individual was smoking, but no illegal substances were found upon search of the student’s room. MPD was not contacted.