DPS Reports 2/9

Feb. 6

At 9:33 p.m., nine students and three guests, all underage, were found to be in possession of alcoholic beverages in an Abbottsford Hall dorm room. Hall staff called the Department of Public Safety after a marijuana odor was detected as coming from the room. Upon entry, officers found no marijuana in the room. However, DPS did find beer and hard liquor. The students were referred for university disciplinary actions.

Feb. 7

At 1:44 a.m., a student and a non-Marquette affiliated guest acted in a “disrespectful” manner toward DPS officers in the lobby of McCormick Hall. The student and his guest came into the residence hall smelling of alcohol and with slurred speech. The guest was carrying a backpack. When the officer asked if he could see the backpack, the guest refused to let the officer look inside and was combative. The student grabbed his and his friend’s IDs from the officer’s hand and left the hall. The students later returned without the backpack. The incident was referred to the residence hall director.

At 9:12 p.m., a person not affiliated with Marquette acted in a disorderly manner in Campus Town Lot 3. The subject was drinking and harassing students who were walking by the lot. The man became combative when approached by DPS, even throwing a beer can at one officer. DPS detained the man and the Milwaukee Police Department took him into custody.