DPS Reports 2/2

Jan. 27

At 8 p.m., a student reported that her unsecured, unattended cell phone had been stolen from the Al McGuire Center during a women’s basketball game. According to the student, she left her seat and coat at halftime. When she returned, unknown person(s) had removed her cell phone from her coat pocket. Estimated loss is $250.

Jan. 29

At 5:35 p.m., the Department of Public Safety reported to the Union Sports Annex and the manager advised them that a male subject was going from table to table panhandling for money. The manager said the subject had been in the restaurant a few days earlier. The man was taken into Milwaukee Police Department custody and cited for criminal trespassing.

Jan. 30

At 2 a.m., DPS officers on routine patrol in Campus Town East discovered an overhead light with a cover that had been damaged and shattered. Damage is estimated at $10.

Jan. 31

At 4:49 p.m., DPS officers were sent to Open Pantry to respond to a case of retail theft. On their way to the store, the suspect fled the scene and was pursued by a store employee. DPS officers and the store employee eventually confronted the suspect in the Marquette Tanning & Laundry store. The suspect admitted to stealing and produced two sandwiches from his coat pockets. The man was taken in to MPD custody and cited for retail theft.