DPS Reports 11/23

Nov. 20
At 10:30 a.m., Department of Public Safety officers met with a 20-year-old female student who reported she had received an inappropriate and vulgar Facebook message from a known male subject. The female said she had received the message after ignoring the subject. After sending the message, the male student removed the victim from his friend list. The victim did not want DPS to approach the male student, but reportedly filed the report to make DPS aware of his behavior.

At 9:15 p.m., DPS officers were flagged down by an Open Pantry employee who alerted them to a male suspect who reportedly was stealing from the business. The employee said the suspect hid a sandwich and banana under his coat and attempted to leave the store. When confronted by the employee, he dropped the sandwich, but ran away with the banana. DPS officers were able to stop the suspect and Milwaukee Police Department officers took him into custody for retail theft. The banana was not recovered. The estimated loss is $1.

Nov. 22
At 8 p.m., DPS officers were called to the 1600 block of West Wells Street after receiving a report of two male subjects fighting behind a business. DPS arrived on the scene and was able to stop the fight by using verbal force. One individual, who DPS identified as the victim, was intoxicated and sustained several scratches and bruises. The individual identified as the suspect was taken into custody and arrested by MPD for substantial battery, disorderly conduct and bail jumping. DPS has had interactions with the suspect in the past.