DPS Reports 11/10

Nov. 6

At 2:00 p.m., a Department of Public Safety officer spoke with a female student who claimed someone was harassing her via the Internet. The student said this person had harassed her online for the past two years. The suspect harassed the student by sending her e-mails requesting to meet her in person and even attached a photo of himself at one point. The student declined Milwaukee Police Department assistance.

Nov. 7

At 5:19 a.m., officers were dispatched to Schroeder Hall in response to a fire alarm call. The Milwaukee Fire Department also responded to the call. After the building was evacuated and no fire was discovered, DPS officers found that the smoke detector in a room on the eighth floor had set off the alarm. Officers found a glass pipe, a plastic baggie filled with 4 ounces of a green leafy substance, seven 12-ounce cans of beer, a half-full bottle of gin and a half-full bottle of whiskey in the room. One of the occupants admitted to owning the items. The individual was taken into MPD custody and escorted to the District Three station. He was cited for possession of paraphernalia and possession of a controlled substance, then released.

Nov. 8

At 1:37 a.m., DPS officers were dispatched to Schroeder Hall to respond to a resident assistant’s report of vandalism on the south wing of the fourth floor. The RA said the base section of a window attached to a doorway was severely cracked. Surveillance video from the residence hall was reviewed, but nothing was discovered. The damage is estimated at $200.

At 2:05 p.m., a theft occurred at the Open Pantry store in the 1600 block of West Wells Street. A female employee identified a man who matched the description of a thief who had targeted the store in the past. The employee reported she noticed the suspect put items into his coat. When the suspect was leaving the store, the employee confronted him and told him to empty his pockets. When the suspect complied and relinquished the stolen products, the employee told the suspect to stay and wait for MPD. The suspect then pushed the employee to the ground and fled the scene. The suspect could not be located by DPS or MPD.