DPS Reports 10/15 CP1 JM2 MN3

Oct. 12

At 2:07 p.m., Department of Public Safety officers were dispatched to Gesu Church after an employee reported the offering safe was found unsecured. A box containing offerings was missing from the bottom of the safe. There was no sign of forced entry into the safe and it is believed the safe was improperly secured. The estimated loss was $500.

At 8:55 p.m., DPS officers on patrol noticed two male students putting 30 12-ounce cans of beer in a backpack. The students were located behind a business in the 1400 block of West Wells Street. The students admitted to purchasing the beer with a fake identification card. The beer and ID were disposed of and the students were issued a Milwaukee Police Department referral.

Oct. 13

At 8:40 p.m., DPS was dispatched to an apartment in the 800 block of North 17th Street. Responding officers reported two brothers were involved in a physical altercation that resulted from an argument about a girlfriend. One of the brothers is a Marquette student and the other attends the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. The two share the apartment and the Marquette student called DPS to the scene when the altercation became physical. The Marquette student received minor injuries to his hand. He was treated and released.