DPS Reports 9/14

Sept. 10

At 11:19 p.m., DPS officers on foot patrol outside McCormick Hall noticed four students running out of the bushes located on the east side of the residence hall. The students did not stop for DPS and the officers engaged in on-foot pursuit. The officers caught up with one of the students who was hiding in bushes outside of the Jesuit Residence. The student admitted to DPS that the group was getting ready to smoke marijuana when the officers approached. Officers later caught up with two other students included in the group. DPS confiscated a small amount of marijuana and MPD was called.

A student reported that her unattended, secured vehicle had been vandalized while it was parked at the rear of the 700 block of West Wells Street. The student reported that unknown persons had smashed the rear windshield of her vehicle, causing $500 in damages. Nothing was removed from inside the vehicle.

Sept. 12

At 2:46 a.m., DPS officers noticed three male suspects yelling at patrons on the ground from the window of a room located inside the Frenn Apartment Building. Officers also reported seeing the students throw bottles, paper products, and unknown liquids at the patrons. DPS officers entered the building and warned the suspects to stop or else risk MPD involvement.

Sept. 13

At 9:06 p.m., DPS met with a female student who had been approached by two men in the 800 block of West Wisconsin Avenue. According to the student, she was struck in the face by one of the men outside the Milwaukee Public Library. The student was treated on the scene and refused additional medical treatment. No suspects have been identified.