DPS Reports 9/10

Sept. 4

At 7:42 p.m., DPS officers on patrol in the 1400 block of West Wells Street encountered two 19-year-old male students in an alley placing beer cans in a backpack. When officers approached the subjects, they admitted to having the beer. DPS disposed of the beer.

Sept. 5

At 8:47 p.m., a DPS officer on patrol in the 1400 block of West Wells Street encountered two males, ages 18 and 19, behind a business placing items into a bag. DPS followed the students to McCormick Hall and alerted the front desk. DPS officers confronted the students at the front desk and the students allowed the officers to open their bag. Officers observed several cans of beer, which were disposed of.

Sept. 6

At 12:46 a.m., DPS officers were dispatched to the front of Straz Tower after a Student Safety Programs LIMO driver requested assistance with a disgruntled elderly man who was upset the LIMO was in the bus lane. The LIMO driver reported that the man was threatening to pop the tires on the LIMO with a knife he had. Upon arrival, DPS officers detained the man and called the Milwaukee Police Department. When MPD officers arrived, they found a 3-inch knife. The 71-year-old man was cited for disorderly conduct and carrying a concealed weapon.

Sept. 7

At 2:17 a.m., DPS officers were dispatched to Campus Town West in response to a student on the fourth floor reporting that his front door had been vandalized. DPS found surveillance video from Campus Town West showing five males and one female entering the building at the time of the attack. Upon further investigation, DPS found further video evidence showing the five males kicking the student’s door simultaneously. The damage caused to the door is estimated at $500. DPS is still investigating at this time.