DPS Reports

,”April 27

At 1:41 p.m. a 20-year-old male student-employee reported that an unknown person had removed his unsecured, unattended property from Johnston Hall. The victim stated that on April 26 at about 4 p.m., he left his camera bag next to a computer table in Johnston Hall room 503. When the victim returned to the room the next day at 12:55 p.m., he discovered the camera bag and its contents had been stolen. The bag included a Nikon camera model D30, camera grips, camera battery, Nikon camera lens and several memory cards. The total estimated loss is $4,440. The Milwaukee Police Department was contacted.

At 6:19 p.m. a 20-year-old male student reported that an unknown person had removed his unsecured, unattended Raleigh bicycle from a bike rack attached to the rear of his vehicle in the 800 block of North 13th Street. The estimated loss is $1,000.

At 8:17 p.m. DPS officers were dispatched to the fifth floor of Schroeder Hall after receiving reports of a suspicious odor coming from one of the rooms. When the officers located and entered the room the smell was coming from, they questioned the four students found inside. After being questioned about the odor, one of the students, a 19-year-old female, admitted that she had recently been smoking marijuana inside the room. She stated that she was the only individual inside the room that had been smoking, and handed a glass pipe over to the officers. The pipe contained a green leafy substance, which the student identified as marijuana. MPD was contacted and issued the student a citation for possession of drug paraphernalia. Her pipe was confiscated.