The lighter side of sports

Not wanting to be outdone by the BB-gun toting, duck-shooting members of its school basketball team, University of Oregon Ultimate Frisbee has had the rest of its season cancelled after its club-sport student board received complaints that members of the men's team had played a game while naked at Oregon State on April 11. Like the rest of you, I just want to know — who won the game?

The Ducks had previously been on probation since November after police responded to a noise complaint for a party being thrown at a team residence. Officers found five kegs of beer and several minors hiding in an attic. The team had also been reprimanded the year before for drinking before a fundraiser and getting speeding tickets on the way to a tournament.

Team co-captain Dusty Becker would like to know what the big deal is.

"Speeding, drinking, nudity — they're not bad things," Becker unbelievably said to the Associated Press. "They're things a big portion of the community doesn't think are wrong."

It's debatable, but I think this could be my favorite quote ever. Honestly, I think the guy's got a point. Those things are awesome. Especially at the same time.

I'm not sure whose judgment is worse, Becker's or whoever decided to remove half of the study tables out of Cudahy Hall the week before finals. It's not like there are limited study areas and a high demand or anything. Right now I can see this girl trying to study on a workspace the size of a bio-chemistry textbook. Which is rather large, to be fair, but still.

Check out the full story from the Seattle Times.