Mosley, De La Hoya square off

Just three years ago, before Mosley moved up into welterweight from lightweight, De La Hoya was the biggest thing in boxing. Now he wants this rematch to avenge the only loss of his pro career and he needs to win — or his title of "Golden Boy" will be renamed to "Sterling Silver runaway."

Mosley, who does not have the mainstream popularity De La Hoya has, is guaranteed only $4.5 million with a pay-per-view potential of $9 million,while his opponent will get $23 million. Mosley might get an additional $500,000 if he wins. So, even if Mosley wins, De La Hoya walks away with almost $19 million more and can say once again that he was robbed. Mosley needs to win to make sure there are no more excuses, he is better than De La Hoya and he is the best pound-for-pound fighter. Just like De La Hoya, he is fighting for R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

So what happens when you have two talented fighters, both nearing the end of their primes — going at it for 12 rounds — who want to knock each others' heads off? One hell of a fight!

De La Hoya has a devastating left hook and Mosley is ambidextrously equivalent. It's going to be a solid back-and-forth battle throughout 12 rounds. De La Hoya (36-2, 29 KOs) might get the split decision this time around because Mosley (38-2, 35 KOs) has not won a fight in 25 months, and — with his two losses to Vernon Forrest — a lot of people jumped of the "Sugar Shane" bandwagon.

De La Hoya vs. Mosley: Part Two will be the best fight of the year. Too bad I don't get pay-per-view in my apartment.