Students voice concerns to administration

Agnew hopes to see high student attendance at the forum and said she feels students benefit greatly from expressing what is on their minds.

“I think the most important thing about the forum is the students’ opportunity to interact with administration and get answers to the questions they may have,” Agnew said.

Agnew also encourages students who don’t have specific issues to address to attend the forum so they may hear what their peers are thinking about and possibly find an issue they are concerned with.

Agnew expects the Raynor and Memorial libraries to be a hot topic of discussion. Students have recently expressed concern with the noise level and felt a pinch for space, as well as a desire for 24-hour access to more than just the first floor.

Other anticipated topics of discussion are: some students’ desire for more lower level seating in the Bradley Center, concerns with the timetable of leases for off-campus housing, the state of residence hall laundry facilities and late-night programming.

These issues have been brought up at past forums and their status is impending.

For example, students have been asking for additional lower level seating at basketball games for over a year but have not received a response yet, Agnew said.

In forums last year, topics including study space and 24 hour access to computer labs in Cudahy Hall, plans for the Raynor Library, Bradley Center student seating concerns and diversity were discussed.

There is currently a proposal put forth by a group of students and members of the administration for increased funding of late-night programming so more student organizations can get involved, Agnew said.

Both Kleibhan and Wild were said to be looking forward to the event. Wake could not be reached for comment.

“Father Wild very much looks forward to the opportunity to interact with the entire student body,” said Ben Tracy, director of university communication.

“Last year was (Kleibhan’s) first year as a participant,” said Caryn Sajdak, executive administrative assistant to Kleibhan. “It was very enjoyable for him and he looks forward to participating this year again.”

Other members of administrative departments are invited to attend in order to answer more specific questions that may arise, Agnew said.

Wild, Wake and Kleibhan are the three highest-ranked officers in the university administration.