Bessert emerges victorious

Bringing back rather unpleasant memories, the St. Louis Rams held off the Green Bay Packers and eventually pulled away for a 34-24 win. The Packers' mistakes and turnovers were reminiscent of their 2001, 45-17 playoff loss in St. Louis, in which Brett Favre tossed six interceptions. This time around the Packers turned the ball over four times, including three fumbles.

Two teams that did get off the schneid were the New York Jets and San Diego Chargers. After looking like a pee wee football team in their first four games, the Jets have strung together a pair of wins. With Sunday's 19-14 win over the Houston Texans, the team is 2-4, trailing the division-leading New England Patriots. The Patriots are 5-2, but it looks like Chad Pennington will be returning for the Jets in the next couple of weeks.

Meanwhile, the Chargers were the NFL's last team to notch a win after coming into the season with high expectations. They beat the Browns, 26-20, led by LaDanian Tomlinson's 200 rushing yards. Although Tomlinson was overpowering, David Boston was held to two catches for ten yards.

Yuck.

Sorry to say, but there were some Week Six computing errors in the Guru Challenge and a couple of contestants were left off of the winner's list — Jim Pokrywczynski and Carl Schrank. Sorry about that, fellas.