Denim Blues

Everyone owns a pair of jeans. It’s a universal fact. But as of lately, denim has been making some more unusual (and sometimes nostalgic) appearances.

The wardrobe staple is being used once again for vests, shirts, and to our 90’s-inner child, overalls. The tricky thing is pairing them properly.

Everyone has their own style, and what they think works is a complete opinion, but most people could agree that denim washes shouldn’t be paired with the same wash (there are a few exceptions). With all the different wash options, try out some colored or patterned denim to switch up your wardrobe. Take advantage of the summer sun and use some bright and fun styles before winter comes and requires some major (grim) covering up. Overall, try matching them with prints, bold colors, simple basics, or about anything that isn’t denim and you should be in the clear.

As for comebacks, overalls seem to slowly creeping back to retail stores. Personally, I find a cute overall dress perfect for lazy summer days. Pair them with some killer shoes and you have a complete outfit in about .3 seconds. It’s cute, quick, and comfortable.

Basically, denim can be used for almost any trend and matches with loads. Whether it’s boyfriend pants, biker vests, vintage jackets, or slouchy pants, the never-out-of-style material is fun, comfy, and full proof!

Check these bad boys for some ideas:

Screen Shot 2013-07-14 at 11.15.48 PM BDG Denim Overall $69

Screen Shot 2013-07-14 at 11.16.05 PM Somedays Lovin Overall Dress $119

Screen Shot 2013-07-14 at 11.16.17 PM BDG Twig High-Rise Jean (Peach Dye) $68

Screen Shot 2013-07-14 at 11.16.28 PM Neon Blonde Destroyer Slouchy Denim Pant $78