Bears. BEATS. Battlestar Galactica. – April 18, 2013

foot in mouth

Welcome to today’s show! We’re starting off today’s show with something off of the new Paramore album. Last Hope is one of my favorite songs off of heir new self-titled album. Because of all the crap that goes on in our world, we all need a little bit more Hope, so we’re going to play that song by Jack Johnson (who is one of the more socially aware song-writers out there). Speaking of socially-aware songs, Adele‘s song Hometown Glory is a fabulous tune. It begins with a gorgeous piano piece (the non-radio edit has a more extended piano piece), which is a theme in more serious music. Birdy uses a piano to open her song People Help The People. As long as we’re talking about people, we’re going to go into a song called People Got A Lot Of Nerve by Neko Case. One of the first lines in that song mentions an elephant, which brings us to Elephant Love Medley from Moulin Rouge. Moulin Rouge uses Elton John’s Your Song prominently through the movie, so we’re going to go with the Ellie Goulding cover of Your Song.

How about a second Ellie Goulding song to start a count-down? Figure 8 is one off of her album Halcyon. What comes after 8? Seven Devils by Florence and the Machine. Six Weeks by Of Monsters and Men is following up in our count-down to the end of the show. What about five, you ask? We’re doing All Fall Down by Five Knives! What’s Up by 4 Non-Blondes is up next. If you were alive in the 90’s and didn’t like this song, I’m disappointed in you. 3 AM by Matchbox 20 was also a 90’s song that you have to like. Rob Thomas wrote it about his mother when she was ill. Let’s keep this 90’s theme going with Two Princes by Spin Doctors. We’re rounding out the show with One Week by Barenaked Ladies, which happens to be how long you’ll have until another hour and a half of BBBSG!

Thank you folks, and goodnight! 🙂