Senior business student dies unexpectedly

Photo by Maryam Tunio

Jacob “Jake” Kaufmann, a rising senior in the College of Business Administration, died unexpectedly.

Kaufmann was double majoring in Accounting and Finance, volunteered with Journey House, was a member of the Financial Management Association and Investment Club and participated in the Applied Investment Management Program. Outside of being an Ignatius scholar, he also was involved on campus with water ski and fishing club combined with passions for traveling, scuba diving and mountain biking.

University president Michael Lovell said in a news letter that the Counseling Center and Campus Ministry are available for students. In addition, the Chapel of the Holy Family in the AMU is available during the day for prayer.

“It is clear that Jake will be deeply missed,” Lovell said. “Our university leadership team and Jesuit staff are working with Jake’s parents to offer our support and provide every available resource for them. Please keep Jake’s parents, family and friends in your thoughts and prayers during this incredibly difficult time.”

The cause of death is still under investigation.

Funeral arrangements have been made by the Kaufmann family.

Visitation will begin at 10 a.m. this Saturday, July 30 at St. Anne Catholic Church (9091 Prairie Ridge Blvd, Pleasant Prairie, Wis., 53158). Mass will follow at noon.