Whole Nine Yards Week 12

Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton is a good start against Oakland this week. Photo via USAToday.com

By Zac Bellman

Special to the Tribune

QB-

Start: Andy Dalton (Bengals) vs. Raiders – Dalton is really hitting stride lately but still remains under the radar in many leagues. He is definitely worth a start this week against a Raiders defense that has given up a minimum of 38 points each of the last three weeks.

Sit: Matthew Stafford (Lions) vs. Texans – Stafford looked completely out of sync with his wide receivers last week, and with his second string receiver Titus Young benched and a short week, he will struggle to bounce back.

Sleeper Start: Colin Kaepernick (49ers) vs. Saints – The 49ers are unlikely to rush Alex Smith back from his concussion after Kaepernick’s strong showing against the Bears on Monday night. He looked comfortable in the pocket all game and demonstrated a control of the offense that should encourage the 49ers to give him the start against the Saints.

RB-

Start: Alfred Morris (Redskins) vs. Cowboys – The Cowboys barely got it done last week, edging out the Browns for a victory. The Browns were able to stay in the game by running the ball and keeping the clock on their side. Look for the Redskins to do the same with Morris this Thursday.

Sit: LeSean McCoy (Eagles) vs. Panthers – As of now, McCoy has yet to be cleared to play after his concussion late in the Eagles blowout loss to the Redskins. Either way it is unlikely he will be himself even if he suits up Monday so look for Bryce Brown, his backup, on the waiver wire.

Sleeper Start: Beanie Wells (Cardinals) vs. Rams – Wells is expected to resume his role as starter in the Cardinal offense, following an extended stay on injured reserve due to a toe injury. The Cardinals quarterback situation is in a flux right now so no matter which one they decide to go with Wells will receive significant carries.

WR-

Start: Justin Blackmon (Jaguars) vs. Titans – Blackmon is starting to live up to the hype with help of Chad Henne, who has already been announced the starter for the coming week. Their rhythm has been much better than what Blackmon had with Blaine Gabbert, so look for another solid game this week.

Sit: Percy Harvin (Vikings) vs. Bears – Still not sure if he will play after injuring his ankle two weeks ago, but even if he goes the Bears’ defense should return to form and keep him in check.

Sleeper Start: Hakeem Nicks (Giants) vs. Packers – Nicks saw 14 targets in his last game against the Bengals. He finally is close to 100 percent again and he should see plenty of targets against a Packers secondary that has struggled to contain him in the past.

Waiver Wire:

Add: Broncos RB Ronnie Hillman (Owned in 21 percent of Yahoo! Leagues) – With starter Willis McGahee likely gone for the rest of the regular season with a torn MCL, Hillman could be a great long term addition as his replacement.

Add: Jaguars RB Jalen Parmele (Owned in nine percent of Yahoo! Leagues) – Rashad Jennings was not getting the job done for the Jaguars, who turned to Parmele and saw encouraging results. Coach Mike Mularkey said they will stick with Parmele again this week, and he faces a poor run defending team in the Titans, who are ranked 29th against fantasy running backs.

Drop: McGahee (Owned in 86 percent of Yahoo! Leagues) – Due to his complete MCL tear, McGahee will likely miss the rest of the regular season, which obviously includes the remainder of the fantasy season.