DPS Reports

At 5:55 p.m. it was reported that a 19-year-old male student was battered by an unidentified suspect on the basketball court adjacent to O'Donnell Hall. The victim stated that he was playing basketball with several friends and three unknown individuals not affiliated with the university, when one of the unknown individuals started throwing punches.,”April 22

At 5:55 p.m. it was reported that a 19-year-old male student was battered by an unidentified suspect on the basketball court adjacent to O'Donnell Hall. The victim stated that he was playing basketball with several friends and three unknown individuals not affiliated with the university, when one of the unknown individuals started throwing punches. The subject knocked the victim to the ground and kicked him in the face before fleeing the scene in an unknown vehicle. DPS officers transported the victim to Aurora Sinai Medical Center, where he was treated for minor injuries and later released. Milwaukee Police Department assistance was declined.

April 25

At noon a 20-year-old male student reported that an unknown person had removed his secured, unattended bicycle from outside his apartment in the 800 block of West Wisconsin Avenue. The victim stated that when he arrived at his apartment at 2:30 a.m., he secured his Trek bicycle with a cable-style lock. When the victim went outside later that day, he discovered the bicycle and lock missing. The estimated loss is $810.

April 26

At 12:10 a.m. DPS officers were dispatched to McCormick Hall when the Student Safety Officer stationed at the front desk noticed a 19-year-old male student walking with a plastic bag sticking out of his front pocket. The officer asked the student what was in the plastic bag, and the student replied, "nothing," before attempting to continue on his way. A second DPS officer then approached the student and forced him to empty his pockets. The officer discovered that the bag contained a green leafy substance. At first the student claimed that he was holding the bag for an unknown friend. After more questioning, the student admitted that the bag and its contents were his and that he had purchased it from an unknown individual not affiliated with the university. The officers then discovered that the student had been cited by MPD for possession of marijuana early in the first semester. MPD was contacted and, as a result of the previous offense, the student was charged with state possession of marijuana – a felony offense. As of Monday morning, the student was still in MPD custody.