Packing tips for study abroad or spring break trips

FullSizeRenderBy: Sophia Boyd

Packing for any trip always calls for a little bit of self-reflection. However, packing for a five-month study abroad program requires careful planning and innovative folding techniques.

Pack and keep luggage under 50 pounds is staying clutter-free. Here is where self-reflection is important. Ask questions like: How many times have you worn that shirt in the past five months? How many times would you plan on wearing it in the next five months? It is highly likely that t-shirts from high school do not need to be worn again in a foreign country.

Successful packing is staying organized. Packing can seem like an unsolvable jigsaw puzzle if clothes are not stowed away properly. Make sure that pants and shorts are folded and put together in the same section. The same types of clothes also make it easier to fit together after endless folding. In addition, an organized suitcase makes unpacking much easier.

Space out heavy clothes. If you are bringing more than one suitcase, do not put sweaters and boots in the same suitcase. If you are traveling during the winter, then you can wear heavy coats on the plane and use them as a blanket. Wear your favorite chunky boots to help keep your feet warm.

Always pack a pair of tennis shoes. Traveling and walking are almost synonymous, so any uncomfortable shoes are best left at home. For girls, one or two pairs of heels should be plenty for a special occasion. The fewer shoes you bring, the more opportunities there are to shop for new ones.

• A

assignment writing ukJul 29, 2015 at 12:40 am

The most important point is don’t try to pack every thing you use in your home in your bag only pack those things which are most important for you and you can’t live with it. Like your garments.