New York Fashion Week: Clean Collections

Every year I avidly find myself reviewing NYFW shows one after another. This usually ends up with a vast amount of searching through my own closet and recreating looks that I see each season. Waiting is always an option to see which city brings their best, but New York already caught my eye.

Each season there is always a theme or inspiration that I specifically look for. This way, the searches and collections narrow down to what you want to recreate. For this particular season, Spring 2015 Ready To Wear, black, cut-outs, mesh and asymmetrical lines seemed to be a focus. My eye is attracted to clean stark whites and creme neutrals.

I attended Milwaukee’s Fashion Night Out last year and vicariously lived through friends participating in Chicago’s Fashion Night Out. I was reminiscent on my outfit from last year, comparing it to the focus of this year’s collections.

Minimalism is extremely chic for these cold months and the approaching spring. With the rise of so many new trends today, “white after Labor day” isn’t followed. I love whites, cremes and all black ensembles for any season.

Most of my outfits were found at a local thrift store except for the H&M skirt I bought some time ago. The amazing, vintage Fendi heeled boots were given to my mother by a woman she works for.

After coming across this old photo, I realized my focus was still the same this season.

Check out these looks:

nyfw 1 nyfw 2 nyfw 3 nyfw 4 nyfw 5 nyfw 6 nyfw 7 nyfw 8

Photos clockwise: Milly, AltuzarraVersus Versace, Nicholas K and Misha Nonoo.

All images found on Style.com

Looks for less:

As an Instagram lover, I found that Jaide Clothing has amazing neutral pieces for a college girl’s budget.