Recap of the MTV Movie Awards

The MTV Movie Awards are not like most award shows. The movies that are nominated are not the top movies of the year and the actors that show up to the event are not the most popular, but the show is entertaining none the less. This year’s host was Conan O’Brien and his opening remarks were, of course, hilarious. Here are some of the highlights from the show that aired this past Sunday.

Channing Tatum won the Trailblazer Award. He was looking mighty fine and definitely a worthy recipient of the award. His “21 Jump Street” costar Jonah Hill presented him with the award after a great introduction, which showed the two are great pals. Tatum definitely has “blazed a trail” for others to follow in his gorgeous footsteps.

Mark Wahlberg won the Generation Award. Wahlberg had a very untraditional speech when accepting the award. There was a lot of swearing involved and claimed that past winners of the award are never invited back to the show. He said the award was a nice way of saying that he is getting older. None the less, Wahlberg was grateful for the award and thanked everybody who has helped him along the way.

Zac Efron got his shirt torn off. And we are not complaining about it. Efron won Best Shirtless Performance for his role in “That Awkward Moment.” After receiving the award, Rita Ora ripped off his shirt and Efron went with it. He tore the rest of it off and every woman in the audience just about died.

Rihanna and Eminem perform. The duo performed their hit song “Monster.” Rihanna had on a short white dress with red accents and Eminem was dressed in his normal hoodie attire. They rocked the performance and the two are on tour together this summer.

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire won Movie of the Year. The outstanding sequel won the biggest award of the night and it was definitely well deserved. The movie was fantastic and worth seeing. Josh Hutcherson and Sam Claflin were there to accept the award.

Paul Walker tribute. It was a very touching tribute from several of Walker’s Fast and Furious costars including Jordana Brewster and Vin Diesel. Walker was a talented actor and his work did not go unnoticed. It was recently announced that Walker’s brothers will fill in for some of his last scenes in the latest Fast and Furious installment which will hit theaters next spring.

The award show may not be the Oscars or the Golden Globes, but it is fun to watch. It is supposed to entertaining and laid-back and it was just that. If you missed any part of the show, you can catch the whole thing on MTV.com.