October 17, 2013
By Zac Bellman
Special to the Tribune
- Peyton Manning (Broncos) at Indianapolis – Returning to the house he helped build in Indy, expect Peyton to light it up like he used to while still in a Colts uniform.
- Philip Rivers (Chargers) at Jacksonville – Jacksonville held Manning to a season-low 295 yards, but Rivers should easily put up 250 yards and a couple scores.
- Nick Foles (Eagles) vs. Dallas – Shoots up into the rankings with four total TD’s against Tampa Bay, and he faces the 30th ranked pass defense in Dallas.
- Andrew Luck (Colts) vs. Denver – Not the best matchup for Luck after a rough outing against San Diego, but he will have to pass 40-50 times to keep up with his predecessor.
- Tony Romo (Cowboys) at Philadelphia – Drops a few spots due to a rough outing against the Redskins, but he had over 500 yards and five TD’s with no picks in two games against the Eagles last year.
- Jay Cutler (Bears) at Washington
- Aaron Rodgers (Packers) vs. Cleveland
- Russell Wilson (Seahawks) at Arizona
- Matt Ryan (Falcons) vs. Tampa Bay
- Eli Manning (Giants) vs. Minnesota
- Cam Newton (Panthers) vs. St. Louis
- Matthew Stafford (Lions) vs. Cincinnati
- Tom Brady (Patriots) at New York Jets
- Robert Griffin III (Redskins) vs. Chicago
- Josh Freeman (Vikings) at New York Giants
- Adrian Peterson (Vikings) at New York Giants – Should be relied on heavily as Josh Freeman adjusts to the offense.
- Jamaal Charles (Chiefs) vs. Houston – The Chiefs continue to revolve their offense around runs and short passes to Charles, and the Texans provide a forgiving matchup.
- LeSean McCoy (Eagles) vs. Dallas – Will benefit from Michael Vick’s absence meaning he will get more carries with Nick Foles under center.
- Matt Forte (Bears) at Washington – Forte has already hauled in 33 catches this year and with RG3 still not playing up to his capabilities the Bears should control this game.
- Eddie Lacy (Packers) vs. Cleveland – Firmly controls the starting role in Green Bay and is averaging over 100 yards the last two games.
- Frank Gore (49ers) at Tennessee
- Marshawn Lynch (Seahawks) at Arizona
- Reggie Bush (Lions) vs. Cincinnati
- Danny Woodhead (Chargers) at Jacksonville
- Knowshon Moreno (Broncos) at Indianapolis
- C.J. Spiller (Bills) at Miami
- Joseph Randle (Cowboys) at Philadelphia
- Brandon Jacobs (Giants) vs. Minnesota
- Arian Foster (Texans) at Kansas City
- Ryan Mathews (Chargers) at Jacksonville
- DeSean Jackson (Eagles) vs. Dallas – Jackson has adjusted well to Nick Foles and has three touchdown grabs in the last two games with him under center.
- Reggie Wayne (Colts) vs. Denver – Wayne has been a steady contributor that Andrew Luck always seems to find for at least five receptions.
- Dez Bryant (Cowboys) at Philadelphia – Philly is giving up the most fantasy points in the league to wide receivers and Bryant caught three TD’s in two games against them last year.
- Vincent Jackson (Buccaneers) at Atlanta – Mike Glennon is starting to exploit the matchup nightmare that is Vincent Jackson to the tune of 14 targets last week.
- Justin Blackmon (Jaguars) vs. San Diego – Missed some practice this week but he’s coming off a 190 yard performance and faces a good matchup against the Chargers’ 25th ranked pass defense.
- Victor Cruz (Giants) vs. Minnesota
- Antonio Brown (Steelers) vs. Baltimore
- A.J. Green (Bengals) at Detroit
- Jordy Nelson (Packers) vs. Cleveland
- Hakeem Nicks (Giants) vs. Minnesota
- Brandon Marshall (Bears) at Washington
- Demaryius Thomas (Broncos) at Indianapolis
- Calvin Johnson (Lions) vs. Cincinnati
- Pierre Garcon (Redskins) vs. Chicago
- Harry Douglas (Falcons) vs. Tampa Bay