New dean candidate added for College of Arts & Sciences

The list of finalists for the dean of the Helen Way Klinger College of Arts & Sciences is back up to three.

On Thursday, the search committee added Robert Lueger, dean of Arts & Sciences at Creighton University, to the list of candidates.

Lueger joins Diane Michelfelder, provost and dean of the faculty at Macalester College in St. Paul, Minn., and Tim Machan, professor of English at Marquette, on the list of finalists for the position.

The university currently has no plans to add more candidates, said Albert Rivero, a professor of English and chair of the search committee.

At last week's presidential address to the university, University President the Rev. Robert A. Wild said the university will keep searching for "the right person" for the job.

Lueger will interview on campus Wednesday and Thursday. An open forum with Lueger will be held on Wednesday from 3:45 to 5:15 p.m. in the Alumni Memorial Union room 157. Another open forum will be held Thursday from 12:15 to 1:30 p.m. in AMU Ballroom D.

Machan is the only remaining member of the original list of finalists. Brian Blake, an associate professor and chair of the Department of Computer Science and director of graduate studies at Georgetown University, and Marietta Morrissey, a professor of sociology at the University of Toledo, previously withdrew their names from consideration.